Your access to, and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of, and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the Terms, then you may not access the Service.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, breach of these Terms and Conditions. A more detailed explanation is provided in Section XII of this Agreement.
“Box(es)” means all or any boxes supplied by Lane Storage Solutions.
“Services” means all or any of the services and products we offer.
“Maintenance Services” means the support and maintenance services provided by the Company pursuant to this Agreement.
“Other Services” means all technical and non-technical services performed or delivered by the Company under this Agreement.
“Data” shall pertain to personal information collected by us in the course of our dealings, including but not limited to the following: Contact information such as your name, date of birth, identification documents, gender, nationality, mailing address, phone number(s), fax number and email address.
“Delivery/ies” shall be considered to include any deliveries of boxes or items, and/or return of boxes or items. Includes also drop-offs, pickups, follow-up pickups, delivery of packed boxes or items for collection trips.
“Items” means the items entrusted to be stored by us including those which are packed into Boxes, or Containers, whether they are stored in our boxes or containers, your own boxes or containers or stored on their own outside any box or container or in any other way.
“Customer” means you the customer irrespective as to whether you are an individual customer acting on your own behalf or a business customer including your agents, nominees or assignees.
“Website” means our website at http://lanestorage.ph or any other website under which we provide and advertise our Services or subsequent URL which may replace it.
“Storage Architect” means our own employee who will assist with the packing and logistics of Box(es) or Items.
II. Registrations and Accounts
- Booking is made primarily on the website. In order to use our Services, you must register and create an account with us. You will be required to provide your personal information including but not limited to full name, address, contact number, and email address as part of the registration process. You are required to provide complete, accurate and up to date personal information.
- Upon registration, you will choose a username and password (login information). You are responsible for keeping your login information confidential and to take all reasonable steps to ensure that nobody other than yourself can access your account and the Services. You agree that any person in possession of your login information is authorized to act as your representative for using our Services and Website. You are responsible for all the activities that occur under your account. You must also ensure that any email address, personal information or contact information you provide is valid and up to date.
- You will have your own portal where you can set up your chosen subscription period, insurance coverage for stored items, payment modality, view invoice, and get notifications such as promotional and specific information such as but not limited to “due payment” reminders.
- You shall promptly notify Lane Storage Solutions if you become aware or suspect that your login information has become known to someone else without your consent or if you think your account has been compromised.
- You are not allowed to offer any of the Services to a third party nor represent us in any way for any reason whatsoever without our prior written consent.
III. Storage of Items
- You warrant that throughout the term of this Agreement all Items that are entrusted to us are and shall remain your property or that you have the expressed permission and authority of the owner of the Items to use our Services and entrust them to us in accordance with this Agreement.
- Lane Storage Solutions does not warrant that the storage facility used by Lane Storage Solution is a suitable place or means of storage for any particular Items.
- Items stored with us must not exceed weight capacity per box or per individual item. You are responsible to carefully pack all Items and protect them with protective wrapping or padding. Any Items packed in non-Company-provided Boxes are packed entirely at your own risk and must be in boxes of good condition which have been well sealed. We hold the right to refuse to store any Boxes if we are not comfortable with the quality of the box or its dimensions, the Items (or the packing thereof) or for whatever reasonable reason we may have. Below is the weight capacity of some cardboard boxes we have:
- Book Carton 14 KG
- Small Carton 16 KG
- Medium Carton 18 KG
- Dish pack Carton 18 KG
- Flat Wardrobe 14 KG
- Logistics File Carton 14 KG
- Hanging Wardrobe 20 KG
- Boxes of “good condition” means it’s not dilapidated, not recycled, sturdy and new
- Storage for Bulk items must not exceed 25 KG per Item. The item should be easily carried by one person whether it be a Company employee or a logistics partner.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Company will not be responsible for disconnecting or reconnecting appliances, fixtures or equipment.
- The following items (“Prohibited Items”) are banned from being stored on Company premises or by the Company. Items stored must not include prohibited, illegal, stolen, perishable and flammable items; Anything that contains liquids and/or could ooze or leak. Anything explosive or combustible.
- Beverages containing 70% or More Alcohol by Volume, Etc.
- Body washes containing alcohol
- Brake, transmission and windshield washer fluids
- Camping gas, glazing torches and other harmful gases
- Carpet cleaners
- Certain cleaners containing pine oil
- Cooking oil
- Cleaning sprays
- Dry-cleaning spotters and solvents for home-use
- Engine additives
- Flammable gases (e.g. butane gas)
- Flammable liquids (e.g. gasoline, lighter fluid & diesel)
- Flammable solids (e.g. non-safety matches, disposable BBQ & coal)
- Hair mousse
- Hair sprays and other hair products containing alcohol
- Hand sanitizers containing ethyl alcohol
- Lighter fluid
- Liquid correction fluids
- Matches, charcoal, phosphorus, and articles which are easily ignited
- Oil-based paint
- Paint thinners and primers
- Paints, paint cans, thinner and liquid adhesives
- Powder (Powdered milk)
- Some pesticides
- Spray (Hair spray, Sunscreen spray)
- Spray lubricants
- Shampoo bottles
- Other prohibited Items including but not limited to:
- Food or perishable Items of any kind; Anything that is (or was) edible. This includes any perishable and non-perishable food items such as, but not limited to pest or vermin-infested, mold or mildew infested, including animals.
- Flammables, firearms, weapons, or explosives of any kind; All kinds of firearms. Anything primarily used as a weapon.
- Items which emit any kind of odor or fumes.
- Plants or creatures (whether living or dead); Anything that is or was alive. This includes things like fruit, meats, cheeses, animals, insects, fungal or bacterial cultures, etc.
- Liquids or compressed gases; Anything that smells, as well as all hazardous items, toxic chemical materials, gas, liquid, substance, material or waste (including vehicle tires), items that produce gas or odors, and items that may increase in size or burst.
- Illegal drugs, counterfeit items, stolen property or illegal items of any kind; Anything that’s illegal under or contrary to applicable Philippine law or regulations, such environmentally harmful, noxious (strong smelling) items, drugs, drug paraphernalia, stolen property, and anything else that you can get arrested for possessing.
- Personal property that would result in the violation of any law or regulation of any governmental authority.
- Any items that, in our determination, endanger the safety and health of people in our facility and the environment. Anything that might get outside of your box and harm others, our customers’ and employees’ belongings, or our storage facility.
- Any items that are a risk to life, property, or any person.
- In addition, we strongly advise that you should not place into Boxes any official personal documents (such as passports, drivers’ licenses, ID cards, etc.) or anything that contains personally identifiable information, such as date of birth or bank account number. This is not an exhaustive list of personally identifiable information. Essentially, do not put anything into Boxes, Bulky items that contain information that can be used to steal someone’s identity or a document that you may urgently need at a moment’s notice.
- By executing this Agreement, you understand and agree that if you proceeded to store official documents or items containing personally identifiable information, you waive all rights and claims against the Company arising in any way from storing these items.
- Regardless of how well you pack your Boxes, or Items, they will be moved around during transportation and may be jostled at times. While the Company will take all precautions to ensure your Boxes, or Items are handled with care, there is a risk that they may be accidentally scratched, dented, chipped, marred or damaged. As such, you should carefully wrap all of your items prior to storage, especially fragile items, such as glassware, crockery, mirrors, picture frames, musical instruments, collectibles, or any items that are easily damaged. By executing this Agreement, you understand and agree that you waive all rights and claims against the Company should your items be damaged.
- We will use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the temperature and humidity of the facility in which your Boxes and Items are stored, between 31 degrees Celsius to 37 degrees Celsius and between 30 to 50 percent humidity. Other than temperature, your items will not be stored in a climate-controlled environment unless applicable. We will take all commercially reasonable steps to protect your items from the growth of mold. However, we cannot guarantee that mold may not develop on your property. By executing this Agreement, you understand and agree that the Company is not liable for the natural growth of mold or mildew on your property. The climate-controlled spaces are heated or cooled depending on outside temperature. The Company does not guarantee that temperature and humidity will not fluctuate. You release the Company and its respective agents and employees and affiliates from all liability for damage to stored property from fluctuations in temperature or humidity from any cause including negligence of the Company and its respective agents, employees and affiliates.
- We or anyone acting on our behalf may at any time, without notifying you, open your Storage Boxes or Items to inspect the contents:
- if we reasonably believe that they may contain any items described in clause III.F;
- if we are required to do so by the police, fire services, authority or court order; or
- if we feel people or property are at risk of injury or damage; or
- any other circumstances at the discretion of the Company management.
- Any costs or losses incurred by us associated with any of the processes described in clause III.L shall be borne by you.
- Please avoid storing items of “Exceptional Value” with the Company. Items deemed as irreplaceable are not recommended for storing as they are not covered by our insurance. If you choose to store these types of items, please pack them carefully so that they’re not damaged during transportation or in storage. Examples of such items include without limitation: antique furniture, autographed or special-edition books or memorabilia, jewelry, furs, fine musical instruments, digital files, deeds, sentimental items or items of personal sentimental value, currency, historical artifacts, and all unique or rare items that cannot be replaced or whose value substantially exceeds the cost of a similar new item. If you store these items on Company premises, we strongly recommend that you take out an insurance policy from a third party to cover the full value of the items.
- We strongly advise that you do not store any items that have “Exceptional Value”, including any currency, bonds, deeds, stock certificates, IOUs, securities, or stamps;
- In relation to Article III.H; any official personal documents (such as passports, driver’s licenses, green cards, visas, birth or marriage certificates, etc.) or anything that contains personally identifiable information, such as date of birth, social security number, mortgage number, or a bank account number. This is not an exclusive list of Valuable Documents or personally identifiable information. Basically, do not store anything that contains information that can be used to steal someone’s identity or a document that you may urgently need at a moment’s notice.
- By executing this Agreement, you understand and agree that if you go ahead and store items of “Exceptional Value”, to the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive all rights and claims against the Company arising in any way from storing these things with the Company.
- the Company may refuse to store any items or may return to you any items, at your cost, at any time, if we reasonably believe that the storage or continued storage of such items would represent a risk to the safety of any person, the security of the storage facilities, or any other items stored at the storage facilities.
- For safety reasons, access to our storage facilities or those of any of our sub-contractors or agents shall be strictly prohibited.
- Storage of any Prohibited Items may result in additional fees and penalties, including and up to termination of the customer’s entire Company account. Prohibited Items that we discover will be quarantined and, at our sole discretion, either disposed of or returned to you, at your cost. If you have any questions about our Storage Rules, please contact Customer Support before your pickup appointment.
- In relation to Article III.J, if you choose to store Fragile Items, please pack your items carefully so that they’re not damaged during transportation or in storage. We recommend padding your items and the inside of the Boxes with packing materials such as bubble wrap and packing paper. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any Item that appears insufficiently sturdy or too poorly packed for transit or storage, or we may require that you purchase Supplies first or from our website. And/or elect to use our Packing Services before we will store your Item.
- We will not be able to store any item crafted from marble, granite, stone, Formica, Lucite, acrylic, glass, crystal, or similar unless it is professionally created before we arrive for the pickup. Furniture that incorporates (in a tabletop or anywhere else) these materials must be disassembled.
- Many common household items are Fragile Items. You already know which ones those are, but for the avoidance of any doubt, common fragile items include without limitation all glassware, dishes, ceramics, pottery, ornaments, and crystal.
- We consider all electronics to be Fragile Items, including without limitation TVs, computers, tablets, phones, printers, hard drives, and stereos. Musical instruments, mechanical devices, and appliances are also Fragile Items. Since we are not able to certify the condition and internal functionality of electronics, musical instruments, appliances, or mechanical devices before we store them, we are not liable for any mechanical or electrical derangement, defect, or internal damage that may occur.
- Particleboard is made from small particles of wood, such as sawdust and wood chips, which are glued and pressed together to form a sheet. Particleboards are weaker than other furniture materials, like plywood or solid wood. Particleboard items are unable to be packed securely for commercial transport unless completely disassembled and repackaged. For these reasons we consider all particleboard items Fragile Items and not able to be safely packed by our team. Many particle board items are covered by a wood veneer, and we may not be able to identify all particle board furniture as such. We disclaim all liability for items that are made of particleboard.
- Some materials possess an inherent vice that causes them to corrode or degrade over time or makes them susceptible to damage from atmospheric changes in temperature and humidity. Items containing these materials are considered Fragile Items. While we make commercially reasonable efforts to regulate the temperature of our storage facilities, we disclaim all liability for damage arising from the inherent vice of materials and from changes in temperature and humidity, including without limitation the growth of mold and mildew.
- In storing Digital files, we strongly recommend that you make and retain copies of any digital files before storing them with the Company on hard drives, memory sticks, DVDs, or any other digital storage media. The Company is not responsible for the loss or corruption of digital files under any circumstances.
IV. Deliveries and Collections
- Shall be on a first come first serve, based on online reservations.
- There shall be NO guarantee on rush pick up and return requests.
- Our waiting time shall be thirty (30) minutes for pick and delivery from time of arrival. If the customer is a NO SHOW, we will charge the amount of PHP 700.00 for Valet and PHP 1,600.00 for full storage service plus the actual cost incurred for the delivery.
- A “No Show” means the customer or their legal representative is not present in the premises to assist the LSS storage architects.
- Items picked up by the Company will arrive in our facility the same day they were picked up.
- You are required to ensure that the Company, its carrier, or those of any third party acting on our behalf have reasonable access and parking facilities to your premises in order for us to carry out the Deliveries to you. You are responsible for ensuring that items are available for collection on an easily accessible ground floor or within easy access by an elevator. Where Deliveries require our staff to carry items up or downstairs, there will be separate charges for such services and it is your responsibility to ask about these charges in advance. There must also be reasonable road access and approach to the door of the premises where the Delivery is ordered to/from and parking facilities are available if necessary. The Deliveries must be received or handed over from by someone legally able to do so and authorized by you to do so. In the case that any of these conditions are not fulfilled and our Services are therefore impacted, an extra charge of PHP 700.00 plus the actual cost incurred for the delivery will be added to your monthly invoice.
- You shall ensure that the items have been securely packed into Boxes so as not to cause damage or injury or the likelihood of damage or injury to the Company’s property, employees, agents, contractors or other items, whether by spreading of damp, infestation, leakage, escape of fumes or substances or otherwise.
- In the event you avail of our Full-Service option to assist you with your packing needs, we recommend organizing items ahead of time. The Company will take care of the following: take photos of the contents of each Box, Items for your digital inventory, verify that the Box or Items is packed correctly, and then seal before loading into the truck. Items that were not packed or visually inspected exclusively by LSS’s packer will not be covered by our Insurance Policy and may not be accepted for storage.
- For Valet Storage, to manage your inventory, it is recommended that you take an overhead picture of your boxes before sealing it, once the valuables are in the Company warehouse, you can update your portal by uploading the overhead picture and list down the contents of that particular box. Same with the Bulk Items, please take a picture of it and upload it in your portal for your online visibility.
- You must inform the Company within 24 hours of any damage to the items or your property that occurred during Delivery. If the condition is not met, we reserve the right to refuse your claim.
- When requesting a Delivery, you are required to make an appointment and it is your responsibility to ensure that you or someone you have authorized is present at the address you have provided to receive or collect your Boxes or Items at the scheduled time-slot. We ask that you provide us with at least 48 hours advance notice before your requested transaction, should you need to change or cancel your reservation.
- Any rescheduling and cancellation of appointments made after the above cut-off times will be subject to a charge of PHP 700.00
- If someone fails to be present at the Delivery appointment, it will be considered a failed delivery and be subject to a charge of PHP 700.00 for Valet and PHP 1,600.00 for full storage service plus the actual cost incurred for the delivery.
- If you advised us that you will be able to pack your box within the 30-minute grace period, our packer will wait to receive or collect the packed Boxes, or Items. If you are unable to finish packing in the grace period, you will have to reschedule a pickup
- We shall not be held liable for any cancellations or deliveries, including but not limited to misallocation of our delivery resources, schedule conflicts, any adverse weather conditions, bad weather warnings, traffic conditions, any other event outside of our control, or as a result of force majeure (subject to further terms and stipulations as listed in Article XV.
- Our Boxes are for packing. Items are entrusted to be stored by us only. It is your responsibility to schedule a pick-up appointment of the Boxes, or Items upon the completion of packing your items.
- We may refuse to collect any Boxes, and Items that do not comply with the terms stipulated in Clause III.F at our discretion. If this results in a failed delivery, you will be liable for a failed delivery charge of PHP 700.00 plus the actual cost incurred for the delivery
- Billing will begin on set delivery date of Boxes, or Items were requested from the Company.
- If the waiting time exceeds 30 minutes for the collection trip, we reserve the right to reschedule the same and charge you a fee of PHP 700.00 for the failed collection trip plus the actual cost incurred for the delivery
- If you return unused empty Boxes to us upon a scheduled packed Boxes, or Items pickup trip and end up not storing any Items or Boxes with us, you will be charged a cancellation fee of PHP 700.00
- Deliveries require 48 hours prior notice and are subject to the availability of our time slots.
- Delivery requests for Boxes, or Items in less than 48 hours are subject to a premium charge of PHP 700.00.
- Lane Storage Solutions drop-offs, pickups, and returns can only be made to and from the Metro Manila area and valid residential or office addresses.
- It is your responsibility to schedule a collection of the Boxes, or Items within the space of 14 days from the date of delivery to you. If you hold on to the Boxes, or Items for more than 14 days, we will charge you as if the containers were stored with us in our own facilities. If you retain some Boxes, or items for a longer time and schedule another Collection, we will charge you PHP 700.00 for that Collection and any subsequent Collection plus the actual cost incurred for the delivery.
You, the Customer, are not allowed to:
- Use the Services in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or for any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or manner;
- Sub-license or re-sell any of the Services to a third party nor represent us in any way for any reason whatsoever without our prior written consent;
- Attempt to interfere with or disrupt the Services or the Website or any server or network used by or connected to the Website or to gain unauthorized access to any such server or network.
- Modify or create derivative works based upon this Agreement, or remove, modify or obscure any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices contained in the software used to provide this Agreement, or reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software used to provide this Agreement, or access this website in order to build a similar product or competitive product.
VI. Customer Responsibilities
- Customers shall provide commercially reasonable information and assistance to enable the Company to deliver the Services. Upon request from the Company, Customer shall promptly deliver such information in an electronic file format specified and accessible by the Company. Customers acknowledge that the Company’s ability to deliver the Services in the manner provided in this Agreement may depend upon the accuracy and timeliness of such information and assistance.
- Compliance with Laws. Customers shall comply with all applicable local and national laws in connection with its use of the Services, including the Republic Act 10173 otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act.
VII. Payments and Charges
- You shall pay rent monthly to the Company with storage charges and other charges. Discounted prices will be available for those opting for a lock-in period of 3 months, 6 months, 12 months or more. Monthly rent must be paid in FULL, with one-month security deposit without any deductions not including promotions, without prior notice or prompting from us. If canceled before the lock-in period, you shall pay the remaining months’ subscription rent upon the scheduling of returning Boxes, or Items
- You will only start paying when your items reach our warehouse. Your Items are always delivered to the warehouse the same day they are collected. The monthly billing cycle begins the day items arrived in our facility. For example, if we pick up your Items on the 5th of the month, your second Billing Cycle begins on the 5th of the next month and so on. As for succeeding pick-up and delivery fees, they apply per trip as a whole, not per item.
For full-storage service (trucking, packing materials, and labor), we will require 50% down payment based on cost-estimate, before we collect your items. The downpayment will be deducted from your first invoice. We will schedule collection of your items upon receipt of downpayment.
- You will have to pay the remaining days or months on your contract if you decide to terminate before the commitment end date.
- For lease extension of less than 30 days, a prorated amount against your monthly fee will not be applied but instead, you will have to pay the minimum commitment of 1 month.
- Online payment can be made through PayPal, Debit/Credit card.
- Charges for the initial month’s subscription will be billed at the start of the billing cycle. The start of the billing cycle shall be on the set delivery date of the Boxes, or Items requested from the Company.
- Charges for subsequent months’ storage will be billed monthly in advance at the beginning of each billing cycle.
- Charges for returning the Boxes, or Items to you will be billed in full on the date of your scheduled delivery.
- We accept offline or non-recurring payments such as Post-Dated Checks, certified/manager’s checks, Cash on Delivery (COD) and Bank Transfers. A Security Deposit which will be paid with the 1st-month storage fee. Said security deposit shall not earn interest and shall be refunded to customer after 30 days upon termination of this agreement, less any amounts which are for the account of the customer under this agreement.
- The Security Deposit amount will be equivalent to first-month rent.
- The Security Deposit is applicable on the last month of Subscription.
- Failure to pay the monthly fee 7 days after the due date, will result in forfeiture of the Security Deposit.
- If you are paying COD, rent payment and Security Deposit must be paid in FULL upon pick up and another full payment upon Delivery return. Please state the exact amount you will be providing, so that the Company can prepare the appropriate change. You and the Company representative must sign the receiving form in order to acknowledge the total amount received. You must keep a copy for yourself.
- Certified/Managers check or money order be payable to Lane Storage Solutions OPC. Do note that the check will be treated as deposited the next day. We require 3 business days clearing before the cash is credited into your account. You need to pay at least 3 business day ahead of due date to avoid penalty, in case the check bounces or is not accepted for any reason.
- Direct Bank Deposit / Online transfers are payable to the below bank details:
- Beneficiary Name: Lane Storage Solutions, OPC
- Beneficiary Bank Name: Union Bank
- Beneficiary Bank Branch: Ayala Rufino
- Beneficiary Account Number: 000-722-021-288
- SB Swift Address: UBPHPHMM
- You must send Deposit slip or screenshot of transfer confirmation via email. We will then confirm the cashflow in our bank account and credit it at the same time.
- The monthly billing cycle begins the day items arrived in our facility.
- All applicable charges are those specified on the Website at the time of booking or as specified in this Agreement in the case of failed deliveries or other situations.
- All applicable charges are subject to change. Nevertheless. in case there is an increase in the charges, we will provide you with notice one month in advance prior to the effectivity of the new rates. You are, in accordance with Article XII, entitled to terminate the Agreement if you do not wish to continue to use our services under the new charging policy.
- We may require you to enter your credit card information in order to make use of our Services. Your credit card information may be used to bill all future charges automatically.
- If you need to modify your payment method or credit card information, please call 02-8-5690371 or send an email to email@example.com The request will be processed within a reasonable time.
- The Company may charge a one-off penalty of PHP 400.00 in the event that you block payment to us when we are not at fault.
- You agree to compensate us in full against all costs and expenses incurred by us in the event a payment fails for whatever reason along with an administrative charge to be advised separately
- In the event that you do not promptly pay all charges or payments due to us, we are relieved of any duty whatsoever arising in respect of the items and we shall exercise a lien over the items until the outstanding charges or payments have been fully settled and received by us. Under such a situation, you authorize us to withhold the items and you authorize us access to inspect the items.
- If you fail to arrange payment for any amounts payable to us by the due date and after a grace period of 7 days, we will charge a late payment fee of 10% of current monthly storage and will reflect the next month’s bill.
- If you fail to arrange payment for any amounts payable to us within 30 days past the due date, we reserve the right to withhold your items stored with us for sale or auction. Proceeds from the sale or auction will be used to settle all outstanding charges and payments including administrative fees, Late Payment Fees, and Lien Sale/Auction Fee. If, after settling all charges and payments there is any amount leftover, we will make reasonable efforts to return the excess to you without interest. If within 60 days, we are unable to get a response from you and unable to pay you the excess, the amount of leftover will be retained by us for our own account.
- Lien Sale Fee PHP 2,000.00
- Lien Handling charge PHP 1,000.00
- Auction Fee PHP 1,500.00
- If the sale of the items as stipulated above cannot cover all charges and payments due to us by you, you are obliged to settle any outstanding balance due to us within 7 days. If this is not settled within 7 days, we may administer a debt collection agency to recover all amounts due and all costs incurred as a result of this process shall be borne by you.
- We may sell the items by any means reasonably available to achieve a reasonable market selling price, taking into account the cost of sale. If, for whatever reason the items cannot be reasonably or economically sold, we are authorized to treat them as abandoned and dispose of or otherwise destroy them. All costs of sale or disposal shall be borne by you.
- Disposal fee of PHP 550.00 per Box, or Item is payable when you request us to dispose of your belongings in one or more of Boxes, or Items. Subject to you signing a full release agreement in favor of Lane Storage Solutions.
- Customers are not entitled to refunds for any storage charges, delivery services or any other charges billed in accordance with the terms specified herein. Refunds will only be processed if errors in billing are correctly identified and agreed to by us.
- Liability for a wrongful sale of the Company. If, as a result of your actions or inaction, including your non-payment of rent and associated fees, the Company has the right to enforce its lien on your items and does so, the Company liability for a wrongful sale resulting from enforcing that lien is limited to the same limits as would apply if your items had broken or gone missing, which are the limits you selected in your applicable insurance plan.
VIII. Charges and Penalties
- If payment is not made after 3 months, we will consider the Items abandoned (we still keep the items for about 2 more months, or whatever the legal minimum is, whichever is longer). We will put all effort into contacting you, but if there is no response or payment made, we will have no choice but to seize the items for auction (refer to article VII.13).
- Late cancellation of appointment and No show at appointment.
- If rescheduling or cancellation of appointment beyond 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
- Shipping fee for Boxes sent to you (if you end up not storing any Boxes or Items with the Company).
- Levied every 15th day past due onward, and up to 90 days past due.
- After 90 days past the due date, we reserve the right to take possession of the content for sale/auction.
IX. Promotional Code
- Offer is for one-time use only and can only be used once per address.
- Only the first drop off and initial pick-up can be applied for the promotional code.
- The promotional code must be entered at checkout on your first order.
- The offer is not resaleable or transferrable.
- The offer is not redeemable for cash or refundable.
- Other fees and charges may apply.
- The promotional code cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions or discounts.
- The promotional code is a limited time offer.
- Any violation of offer terms will render the offer invalid.
It is mandatory to have your items insured prior to storing with the Company. You must upload a copy of your insurance policy and fill out insurance details prior to check out.
The original copy must be presented upon pick up of items, Failure to show the original copy of the insurance upon pick up of items will automatically cancel the scheduled transaction and you will be charged with a cancellation fee of PHP 700.00 plus the actual delivery cost incurred.
The Company purchases insurance coverage from trusted and established insurance companies. The following insurance coverage would depend on the coverage availed included in the purchased subscription of lease
- PHP 150 per month = PHP 5,000 max coverage
- PHP 300 per month = PHP 10,000 max coverage
- PHP 550 per month = PHP 20,00 max coverage
- Insurance should be bought prior to check out from the reservation page, if you chose not to have coverage, it is mandatory for you to present an insurance from a third-party provider of your choosing. The insurance should be presented and given upon pick up of your Boxes, or Items
- The Company has the right to decline to accept your items if you fail to provide insurance. In the event that you end up not storing any Boxes or Items with the Company because of failure to provide insurance as per clause X.1, you will be charged with the cancellation fee of PHP 700.00 plus the actual delivery cost incurred.
- Our insurance policy only covers actual physical loss of or damage to your Items caused by the following:
- Fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake;
- Aircraft or articles dropped therefrom;
- Storm, flood, bursting or leaking pipes;
- Loss or damage to property directly resulting from Flood, water seeping from outside the premises, action of the sea or waves or tidal wave;
- Flood means the covering of normally dry land by water that has escaped or been released from the normal confines of: (i) any lake, or any river, creek or other natural watercourses, whether or not altered or modified; or (ii) any reservoir, canal, or dam.
- Burglary accompanied by forcible and violent entry to or exit from the building or unit;
- Riot, strike, civil commotion or malicious damage;
- Impact by vehicle or railway rolling stock;
- Impact by vehicle and collision or overturning of the conveying vehicle/trailer
- The following events or items are not covered under our insurance coverage:
- Terrorist attack, war or military action;
- Loss or damage resulting from unknown or mysterious causes;
- Moth, insect or vermin from an external cause;
- Ensuing or indirect losses resulting from or as a consequence of claims made for loss or damage;
- Nuclear reaction, radiation or radioactive, biological or chemical contamination;
- Loss of data records other than the cost of blank data carrying materials;
- Loss from theft without forcible and violent signs of entry into a securely locked space;
- Breakages, denting, scratching, denting, chipping, marring or any accidental damage to items stored;
- Any damage to items while in transit or during loading or unloading;
- Loss or damage to property directly resulting from ingress of water or other liquid substance;
- Money, coins, bullion, deeds, bonds, securities and the like;
- Jewelry, watches, precious stones and stamps of all kinds exceeding PHP 5,000 in value;
- Furs, mobile phones, perfumery, tobacco, cigars, cigarettes, beers, wines, spirits and the like, exceeding PHP 5,000 in value;
- Electronic items exceeding PHP 5,000 in value. Electronic items are defined as all items of consumer and commercial electrical appliances and instruments including but not limited to radios, televisions, computers, computer software, hard drives, chips, microchips, printed circuit boards and their components, modems, monitors, cameras, facsimile machines, photocopies, hi-fi’s, stereos, CD players, digital recorders/players, switchgear, turbines, generators and the like;
- Any curiosity or work of art for an amount exceeding P200.00
- If you insist on storing and insuring these items, please submit all of the following 1.) Certificate of Authenticity of the work of art, 2.) OR/invoice/appraisal as proof of valuation of the item.
- This will still be subject to the approval of our head underwriter
- Manuscripts, plans, drawings, or design patterns, models or molds
- Perishable items, livestock, plants, explosives, and flammables;
- Fragile items, such as glassware, ceramics, porcelain, crockery or any items that are easily damaged;
- Mold and mildew;
- All items that are not included under Clause X.3;
- All items that are included under Clause III.F.
- In the event of actual physical loss or damage as a result of events under Section X.4, please contact our customer service team upon discovery on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 02-8-5690371 We will provide you with claim forms to complete and return to us as well as advise you on the steps required by the insurance company to start processing your claim. The company will assist you to process your claim directly with the insurance company on your behalf. The insurance claim will be paid to you once the Company receives the coverage from the insurance company. The Company will not be liable for any insurance coverage to you should the insurance company decline your claim.
- In the event you sustain a loss and your insurance company reimburses or indemnifies you for the loss, in whole or part, you waive any right of subrogation your insurance company may have against the Company and its agents for the loss.
- The Company agrees that it will cause you to be listed as an “additional insured” on the Company liability insurance in regard to bodily injury or property damage claims that arise while the Company employees or agents are in your home, office or other location packing or picking up your items. Your coverage as an additional insured will be subject to existing policy limits and will be subject to the terms, conditions and limitations of the Company insurance policy. You agree that you will solely rely on available insurance to provide you a defense and indemnity in regard to any claim that arises out of the Company work for you in your home, office or other location, even if that the Company insurer denies you coverage for any reason. You shall not have and shall not claim any right to contribution, indemnity, or a defense from the Company in connection with any liability claim made against you, except as required by law. In the event that you suffer injury or damage to your property other than your items while the Company employees or agents are in your home, office or other location packing or picking up your items, you agree that the Company liability shall be limited to its available insurance limits, and you shall not collect any damages you suffer or any judgment you are awarded from the Company non-insurance assets. In addition, upon a written request from you, the Company agrees that your landlord (or other entity with a property interest in the location where we work) will be an additional insured under our insurance.
XI. Limitation of Liability
- The Company shall not, in any event, be held liable or responsible for any damage or loss to the items that arises for any reason other than as a consequence of any breach of this Agreement or by any act of negligence or willful misconduct on our behalf or any of our contractors. Nor shall we be held liable or Responsible for any lost profits, revenues, savings, data, or damage to any computer systems.
- The Company shall not, in any event, be held liable or responsible for any damage or loss to the items beyond what is covered in our insurance policy as outlined in Clause X. Further, for the avoidance of doubt, The Company shall not be held liable for the damage even in the case that the security fastener is broken.
- You acknowledge that we are not aware of the value of the items stored with us. You are responsible to arrange appropriate insurance for your items.
- You acknowledge and agree that the use of our Website and any of our Services is entirely at your own risk. We shall not be held liable or responsible in any way for any direct or indirect damages of any sort as a result of using our Website or misinterpreting its content.
- You are responsible for inspecting any items returned to you from us for any loss or damage. If you believe there has been loss or damage to items, you are required to notify the Company within 24 hours of the delivery. We reserve the right to inspect the Boxes, or Items and take pictures or provide proof of any alleged damage or loss before an insurance claim can be made.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that Items are properly and carefully packed with enough protection as would be reasonably required for storage. We shall not be held liable for any loss, miss-delivery of and damage to any items as a result of insufficient or improper packing or protection; any deterioration of Items which may happen over time; fragility of items that you have decided to store; any defects of Items or any forfeiture or seizure of Items for legal reasons.
- Any boxes that you provided must be in good condition, well packed, and properly sealed in order to ensure items are safe. We hold the right to refuse to store any boxes if we are not comfortable with the quality of the box or its dimensions. Storage of Items not packed in Company containers are stored entirely at your own risk and we do not take responsibility for how the Items have been packaged or stored nor for the integrity of the box or packaging you have used.
- In any event, our total liability with respect to every Boxes and Items, whether in the case of an insurance claim or not, shall not exceed the (i) the cost of the lost or damaged Item; (ii) the current replacement cost of the Item at the date of the claim; or (iii) the maximum insurance coverage for the applicable Item based on the subscribed insurance plan as per Article X.1 Boxes, or Items, whichever is lowest. In the event of a claim, you are required to provide us with proof of the alleged loss or damage and the cost thereof.
- In the event of a claim, the Company shall be entitled to require proof of the cost price and the current replacement cost of the contents of the Boxes, or the stored Items.
- Notwithstanding the above, no terms within this Agreement will affect or restrict any of your statutory rights.
- You may terminate this Agreement at any time by requesting the return of your Items stored with the Company and upon payment of all outstanding charges.
- The total rent of storage plan minimum commitment is not refundable, same as when you remove items from storage before the minimum commitment.
- The Company may terminate this Agreement for any reason by giving you not less than 30 days written notice. In these circumstances, we will refund any pre-paid monthly fees and arrange for the delivery of your items back to you at our expense.
- We may terminate this Agreement at any time and with immediate effect by providing written notice to you, if:
- You fail to pay any amount due by the due date; or
- You are in breach of any terms of this Agreement.
- Upon termination you must ensure that you contact us to arrange the return of your Items at your cost and such return must be arranged within 15 days from the date of notification. If, for any reason, within 15 days following the termination of this Agreement, you have not arranged the return of your items we may dispose of them in accordance with Article VII.
XII. Intellectual Property Rights
- We retain ownership of all intellectual property rights of any kind related to our Website and Services, including all applicable copyrights, patents, trademarks and other property rights, save for those which may relate to third parties that we may mention on our Website or work with in providing the Services.
- Limited, non-exclusive, non-licensable and non-transferable use of limited content for personal use is permitted, however, it must not be used for commercial purposes.
XIV. Subcontracting and Assignment
- The Company may at any time sub-contract, assign, or transfer any or all of its rights and obligations under this Agreement to any third party or agent without your consent.
- The sub-contracting, assignment, transfer, or sub-licensing of any of your obligations under this Agreement, whether or not for commercial gain, is expressly prohibited.
- This Agreement shall be binding your personal representatives and successors.
XV. Force Majeure
- The Company shall not be liable, and will not pay any compensation, where the performance of its obligations is prevented or affected directly or indirectly by or as a result of force majeure or any circumstances which could not have been foreseen, or which, though foreseen, were inevitable, including, but not limited to, Flood, Earthquake, Extreme adverse weather conditions or Bad Weather, Natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of Terrorism, Theft did with the use of arms or through an irresistible force, Fire or Failure of electric power, gas, water, or other utility services, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or any collapse of building structures.
- We will not be held liable or responsible for any failure to perform or delay in the performance of the Services caused by Force Majeure.
- Force Majeure means any unforeseeable circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to war, threat of war, terrorist activity, strikes or other industrial action, riots, fire, storms or any other natural disaster, failure in the telecommunications networks, power cuts, traffic conditions, road closures, accidents or any other unforeseen circumstances.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the hoisting or issuing of Typhoon Warning of Signal No. 3 or higher shall also be considered a Force Majeure. In such situations, all Services and Deliveries shall be immediately canceled. Services and Deliveries shall resume as soon as it is practically and safely possible to do so once such Warnings have been lowered or removed.
- In the event of Force Majeure, we will aim to contact you as soon as possible and will take all reasonable measures to minimize any disruptions to the Services.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our employees, agents, suppliers and directors harmless on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, costs, expenses, losses and legal fees arising out of any breach of the Agreement by you. This clause also applies to any other liabilities arising out of your use of our Website or Services or by any other person accessing our Website or Services under your account or using your data.
- Any notices given by you to us must be in writing by email to email@example.com.
- A notice shall be deemed to have been served from the time the email was sent by the sender, provided that the sender of the email does not receive an email message stating that the email message has not been received by the intended recipient.
- The Company provides the Website on an “as is” and “as available” basis with all faults. The Company does not warrant that the use of the Website will be error-free or uninterrupted or that any defects will be corrected.
- The Company will provide the Services with reasonable care and skill and substantially as described in this Agreement. The Company does not make any other promises or warranties about the Services.
XIX. Governing Law and Language
- This Agreement and any disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of the Philippines.
- The Contract and any non-contractual obligations arising in connection with it are governed by Philippine law. The Philippine courts in the city of Taguig have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any and all disputes arising in connection with the Contract, including disputes relating to any non-contractual obligations, to the exclusion of other courts.
- Each party irrevocably waives any objection which it may now or later have to proceedings being brought in the Philippines courts (on the grounds that the Philippine courts are not a convenient forum or otherwise).
- We reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions within this Agreement from time to time and it is your responsibility to review these terms and conditions on each occasion you procure Services from us. The latest version of this Agreement will always be accessible at http://lanestorage.ph Your continued use of our Services will be deemed to represent your continued acceptance to the latest version of this Agreement. If you do not agree with any changes to this Agreement, you may terminate this Agreement as per Article XII.
- In case of any disputes, The Company reserves the right to make the final decision.
- The failure by you or The Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- All provisions of this Agreement apply equally to and are for the benefit of The Company, its subsidiaries, any holding companies of The Company, its (or their) affiliates and its (or their) third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf (save that this Agreement may be varied or rescinded without the consent of those parties). Subject to the previous sentence, no term of this Agreement is otherwise enforceable pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person who is not a party to it.
- If any provision of this Agreement shall be found by any court or arbitration or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of this Agreement which shall remain in full force and effect. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable but would be valid or enforceable if some part of the provision were deleted, the provision in question shall apply with such modification(s) as may be reasonably necessary to make it valid and which reflect(s) the intention of the parties.
- In any event, all provisions of this Agreement that by their nature could reasonably survive termination, including but not limited to, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers and limitations of liability shall survive termination. In the event you use the Website or Services again, the provisions of the Rules and Regulations that then apply will govern your re-use of the Website or Services. In the event you use Services bought under this Agreement, then those provisions applicable to Services will survive termination of this Agreement.
- Each party shall keep any and all information disclosed between the parties to this Agreement in strict confidence. This clause shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- We always welcome your feedback which can be sent to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where you supply any feedback, you agree and acknowledge that the Company shall have no confidentiality obligations to such feedback or suggestions and that it may be incorporated into our Website or Services.